If you are concerned of your weight and would like to shed some pounds, decide how much you want to get rid of. Are you really obese or you just need to tone up your body?
If you really think that you need to lose much weight, it is recommended to consult your doctor or dietician for advice. It is reasonable even if there are some other health-related issues involved.
But if you decided to undergo weight loss, what you should be looking for? These are some of the tips and recommendations that fitness trainers and dieticians share with you:
1. Set a realistic goal – write down your goal and place it on a visible place where you can see it every day. Make it special. For instance, you can say “I want to lose 20 pounds in two months”. Set yourself a deadline. Your way of thinking is very important.
2. Improve your diet – you will be surprised to get to know that fat may not be your enemy. There are some fats that are good for you. Avoid fizzy drinks and carbs. Consume more fresh fruits and vegetables, lean meats and fish. Try to eat frequently, I mean five or six times per day, eat in small portions.
3. Do aerobic exercises – You should burn off more calories. Intensify the level of your physical activity, do exercises at least 3 times per week. Do not get involved into strenuous workouts from the very beginning, try brisk walking. You can start running, swimming or dancing. Choose anything you like to keep your metabolic rate increased. Attend a gym or a fitness club if you think that it can help you to stay motivated.
4. Stretch and strain – It is recommended to stretch before and after your aerobic workouts. Start from 10 minutes session to see if it is suitable for you. Don’t overlook strength training workouts such as leg raises, push ups, squats sit ups, and so forth that will help tone up your body. For people who want to gain more muscle tissue, light weight training routines is recommended.
5. Develop new habits – following a diet and doing exercises means that you develop new habits. Spend some time to make it a habit. It is believed that you should do something 21 times to convert it into a habit.
6. Proceed step by step – do not jump in and go overboard. Avoid starving yourself, because your body will be switched on a starvation mode and will accumulate even more fat. Instead, proceed gradually, adjusting to your healthy diet and your new exercise plan.
It is a rough guide on how you can lose pounds following some weight loss programs that are being offered on the market.
Weight loss is something that requires time and effort put. And if you follow these useful tips and stick to this weight loss program, you will see the results in a month already.
Look for a good weight loss program which includes diet and exercise plans. Avoid those weight loss programs that promise you quick results.
For the useful recommendations about “lose weight fast” industry go to this web site.