It is a well-known fact that if women decide to reduce weight, it is more difficult for them to do then for men. But what are the reasons, why? There are many reasons for this, but I am going to name you 5 in this article:
1. Understanding. Eating every day, we often do not have a clear picture of what we have eaten. So therefore it is recommended to make a list of what you have eaten in any particular day. Make sure it is accurate. You may be surprised when you see the true picture. Keep a log, fix every meal that you eat, and it does not matter what it is. A piece of gum or anything else. And look through the list in the end of the week and you will get a clearer picture of what you ate and at what time and you may be able to get a better understanding of what you can decrease to make your weight loss process more effective.
2. Menopause. Some hormonal changes can make a woman very sensitive to carbohydrates and sugars. If you are going through menopause or already have, you can increase the consumption of lean protein and eliminate the consumption of extra carbohydrates to see some noticeable results.
3. Missing meals. Breakfast is the most important meal of the day, so it is unhealthy habit to skip it. Unhappily, people think that skipping meals is a good way to get rid of those unwanted pounds. But in such a way you can quickly lose control and overeat next time. It is vitally important to keep your metabolism running throughout the day by consuming small and frequent meals. So, it is better to eat 6 – 8 small meals during the day instead of 3 – 4 large ones.
4. Not doing physical workouts. So, of course, it is a good idea to start following any diet, but if you do not do any exercises, the weight loss process will not be effective. Physical workouts speed up your metabolism, assist in growing and promoting lean muscle and melt calories much quicker than diet alternates.
5. Constant crash dieting. It is important to know that crash diets are not a healthy way to get rid of excess fat. The main disadvantage of these kinds of diets is that you lose your lean muscle mass instead of fat tissue and slows down your metabolic rate and your weight comes back quickly after you stop following the diet.
Bearing this in mind, you should make some changes to your every day habits and try to change your lifestyle. If you make radical changes, it is more difficult to follow them and you are more likely to fail. When choosing any diet plan, you should make sure that it covers all of the necessary food groups, it is easy to follow and it is nutritional. You can feel empty in the first phases, but in such a way your body adjusts to the lower calorie consumption. If you manage to stick to this plan for a couple of weeks, you will see that it will be easier to follow it on a permanent basis.