All of us are looking forward to our winter holidays. But on the other hand we all get some extra pounds after the celebration of these holidays. It is not inevitable. Here are some good tips which will help you shed some weight and enjoy your holidays.
1. First of all look at the calendar – Define how many parties you are going to attend. Thus you get know how many times exactly you will eat tasty and high calorie food. Knowing it, you can plan your meal program. For example, if you have to attend a holiday cocktail party, you can have smaller breakfast or lunch. Thus you will be able to create a calorie deficit. It will allow you not only consume some tasty treats at the holiday party, but also lose your weight.
2. Drink Water – water can fill you up. Drink lots of water before and during your party. A few glasses of water will help you feel fuller and avoid overeating during the party.
3. Enjoying your food can be hard when you are talking to other people and moving round at a party. You can eat many treats without even realizing what you are doing. So you should try to control how many dishes you eat. Choose light food, fruits or vegetables.
4. Forget about the Dips – it is often that the food, served up with dips and sauces are less fat than these dips and sauces. If you decide to remove the excess weight in the holidays, your food should be as light as it is possible. And keep in mind that it’s quite easy to find healthy food at holiday parties. It will be better for your body.
5. Drink Lightly – certainly there are a lot of different drinks at any parties, such as punches, white wine and champagnes. Alcohol includes a lot of empty calories. One drink has about 100 of them. In order to avoid drinking while you are at a party, you can offer your friends to be a driver. You cannot even imagine how many unwanted calories you will be able to save. Along with it, remember it will not help you if you drink a lot of sugary juices and sodas. You are better to choose water or tea, or other calorie free drinks. You will be able to keep your body in good shape.
6. Get Moving – there is no doubt that you should work out more during your holiday season. Walking, running and swimming are good for our health. More than that these activities always help us burn the fat stored in our organism. Do not forget about dancing at the parties if it is possible.